Local News

 

Firefighters: Electrical malfunction causes house fire

Firefighters: Electrical malfunction causes house fire

TAMPA, Fla. (970 WFLA)Tampa firefighters said an electrical malfunction in the attic of a home is to blame for an early morning fire.

Firefighters said it happened about 12:30 a.m. Monday on the 1300 block of East 29th Ave.

When they arrived, firefighters said they found an unoccupied single story home with heavy smoke banked down to the street and fire coming from the roof of the home.

Once firefighters started putting out the flames, they said they had to get out as a portion of the roof collapsed into the residence.

Firefighters said no one was injured.

Officials said the fire is not suspicious and has been ruled accidental.

Photos credit Tampa Fire Rescue Department

 

More Articles

 

1250 WHNZ is an iHeartRadio Station

© 2014 iHeartMedia, Inc.

*