TAMPA, Fla. (970 WFLA) – Tampa firefighters said a burnt air conditioning belt is what caused a class at a local middle school to evacuate.
Firefighters said they responded to the scene of a possible structure fire at OrangeGroveMagnetMiddle School of the Arts located at 3415 N.16th Street in BelmontHeights.
Firefighters said they were alerted by on-site faculty that the school's theatre auditorium area had a very heavy smoke odor emitting from the ceiling and that a class that was being held in the auditorium and front office faculty workers were evacuated from the area prior to firefighters arriving.
Firefighters said they determined the air conditioning belt to be the source and that no other parts of the campus were affected and no one was injured.
Photo Credit Tampa Fire Rescue